Overview of the My Account Screen
My Account details information regarding your account, and allows you to change some of the basic information about your kinetic account. Additionally, the control bar across the top will display tabs for tools which you have permissions to work with. Depending on your permissions, you will see only certain tabs. This is the default screen that is displayed when you log in to the kinetic Manager web application.
The layout of the My Account screen follows the standard kinetic Manager screen layout. For a general description of the layout, refer to the Screen Layout section of the
kinetic Manager Overview.
Use Change Password to change your kinetic account's password. This password is the same password used for logging in to the kinetic Manager web application, retreiving your kinetic account e-mail, and for FTP when publishing documents to your website.
- Scroll down the My Account screen to the section with the heading Change Password.
- Enter your current password in the text box labelled Password.
- Enter your new password in the text box labelled New Password.
- Re-enter your new password in the text box labelled Confirm Password.
- Click Change Password.
- If your password was changed successfully, you will see the status line display a confirmation that your password was changed successfully.
- If your password could not be changed successfully, you will see a Status listed with an error message describing what is wrong. You will need to correct the problem and repeat the process to change your password.
Note the following:
- Your password must be 6 to 8 characters long
- It is case-sensitive
- It should contain a mix of letters, numbers, and at least one of these
special characters: #, *, -, ~, %, ], or }
- Your password should not be a word you find in a dictionary, a name,
or a common abbreviation
Use E-mail Forwarding to control what happens to e-mail messages that are received by your kinetic account. Setting e-mail forwarding will cause e-mails you receive to be sent (forwarded) to the e-mail address(es) you specify.
E-mail Forwarding information and options will only be displayed if the account is a member of a group with permissions for e-mail forwarding.
If Save Copies in Your Mailbox is checked, a copy of the forwarded e-mail will be saved in your kinetic mailbox. If this is un-checked, then a copy will not be saved in the mailbox when it is forwarded.
- Scroll down the My Account screen to the section with the heading E-Mail Forwarding.
- Your accounts group membership determines if you can enter one or up to twelve e-mail addresses.
- In the text box next to the heading Forward e-mail to:, enter either one, or up to twelve e-mail addresses. Multiple e-mail addresses must be seperated by commas, spaces, or a new line. Spaces after a comma are optional.
- Checking Save copies in your mailbox will retain a copy of any forwarded e-mails in your mailbox. If unchecked, no copy of a forwarded e-mail will be retained.
- Click Remove to stop e-mail forwarding for your account.
- Click Save to start or update e-mail forwarding for your account.
Use the E-mail Autoreply tool under the My Account tab to send an automatic response back to the sender of any e-mail message you receive.
E-mail Autoreply information and options will only be displayed if the account is a member of a group with permissions for e-mail autoreply.
- Scroll down the My Account screen to the section with the heading E-mail Autoreply.
- Click Enabled if you want e-mail autoreplies to be sent.
- Click Disabled if you do not want e-mail autoreplies to be sent.
- Enter or edit the text you want in the body of the e-mail autoreply in the text box next to Message Body.
- Click Save to update the settings for your account's e-mail autoreply.
The Account Details section under the My Account tab lists additional information for your kinetic account, plus information regarding any web publishing permissions that your account may have been assigned.
Modem Pool Settings
An account type of User is an account which belongs to an individual person. A User account is the primary type of account most often created in kinetic. An account type of Entity represents an organizational account. An example of an Entity account might be "email@example.com".
For a User account, this will be the full name (last, first) of the user. For an Entity account, this will be the full name of the entity.
The group of which this account is currently a member.
If a date is displayed, it is the date when your account will expire.
After midnight on this date, you will no longer be able to login to
kinetic Manager, retrieve your e-mail, or FTP
web site files (if you currently have permissions to do so). Your
account will essentially be disabled but given a status of
expired. Please contact your administrator if
your account has expired unexpectedly.
This area lists information about your e-mail account, including the following:
- The amount of your disk space consumed by your home directory and e-mail.
This section displays your modem pool settings if your organization
has modem pool access.
Note: Modem pools are only available for MOREnet members
using the legacy kinetic Service.
Web Publishing Permissions
Last Call Date - The last date and time that you called the
Modem Usage This Month - The number of hours and minutes that
you've used the modem pool. Your modem usage is automatically
reset to zero every month.
Monthly Limit - The number of hours that you may use the modem
pool every month. This value may be extended by administrators
with the Over Limit value.
Over Limit - The number of hours that you may use the modem pool
beyond the Monthly Limit. An administrator may extend your
monthly limit with this value.
Accounts which do not have web publishing permissions assigned to them will not have this information. Accounts which have web publishing permissions assigned to them will see these permissions listed here.
- FTP Host - The hostname to be used in an ftp client when using ftp to transfer files.
- FTP User ID - The username to be used in an ftp client when using ftp to transfer files.
- Site Description - A descriptive name of the web site to which these permissions apply.
- FTP Directory - The (ftp) directory at which this permission begins and includes all directories beneath this directory.
- URL - The equivelant web url to the directory at which this permission begins.
Note that some directories are listed as "read only". The contents of these directories can not be changed, added to, or updated.